I saw one of the AdSense ads showing that proudly proclaimed Affiliates: $537 per day – Quit your job with ClickBank.
Whoa, hold on there. If you thought that it would be great to go and quit your job to become an affiliate marketer I strongly recommend against it. Heres why:
* Affiliate marketing is volatile – You have no way of knowing where the market is going to go in six months, a year, or five years. Just because you managed to make $5,000 last month does not mean that its going to stay that way. Websites fluctuate in traffic, popularity, and relevance all the time- Ive had sites that were making $200 a day drop to less than $10 a day for seemingly no reason. It will take work, patience, persistence, and a bit of ingenuity to ensure that your income continues to grow. Until youve got $10,000 in a bank account and all of your expenses paid, do not quit your day job. Why throw away a solid income for hopes and dreams?
* Everybody is in Affiliate Marketing. This is a business that you won’t even be able to tell your family or friends the names of your websites for fear of competition. Mention of your business could accidentally lead to loss of income, especially if you are spending money to make money, Pay Per Click for example, it could really eat into your profits. Your job can only be done in your area but Affiliate Marketing can be done by anyone anywhere in the world. You may be competing with people on the other side of the world or in the other hemisphere. Anywhere there is internet connectivity. If you can’t compete in this arena then don’t quit your day job.
* You’ve never seen anything as fast moving as Affiliate Marketing. Once you click GO, traffic may start rolling in and you may be making money or not. You don’t have time to wait around, take a nap or kick back and loaf. This business runs 24 hours a day – good or bad!
Having said all that, I need to fess up that I am a full time Affiliate Marketer myself I’ll give you some reasons why I took up Affiliate Marketing full time:
1. It is Lucrative. No other business start-up allows you to make $500 the day you start. I’ve seen programs bring in over $10,000 in less than four months from a dinky little website with a few pages and images. Should you find a way to get people to buy from you then you could end up making unlimited profits.
2. Affiliate Marketing changes daily. It is a new game from day to day. The challenge of trying out new things and seeing what works or doesn’t means Affiliate Marketing can be an exciting business. Once you see how much sales methods and marketing techinques change on a day to day basis you may become hooked. And you could end up running away from the competition.
3. Talk about FUN! It is hard not to get a thrill out of Affiliate Marketing. I get up, go work out, come home, work on my marketing, check my bank account and grin all the way to the bank. All the while knowing I’m being paid to sleep or go to the park which really makes my life.
The reality is that an offline job is a reliable, steady income. If you are making some money as an affiliate, why not continue to supplement your offline income and grow your online income? Until it comes down to the day where youre making $8,000 or more a month online, stick to your day job.
Originally posted 2009-05-12 03:12:08. Republished by Blog Post Promoter