How much do Management Consultants make? Here are some recent figures, according to www.ask.com
- A management consultant helps a company change its structure, increase profits, or improve efficiency.
- A company will hire a management consultant when it wants to become more competitive.
- Management consultants are also known as management analysts.
- Management consultants may be generalists or they may specialize in a particular industry.
- Management consultants held about 678,000 jobs in 2006.
- Management Consultants typical earn $70 to $300+ USD per hour billed.
- Twenty-seven percent of those working in this field were self-employed.
- Most worked in large metropolitan areas.
- To work as a management consultant in private industry one must generally have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a related field.
- To work in a government agency, sometimes a master’s degree is preferred, but as often a bachelor’s degree will suffice.
- In private industry, it is also required that one has experience in the field in which he or she wants to consult.
Return to the Retired Pay Work at Home World home page