Yes, I know I posted a couple ‘eye catchers” over the past few days … those guys like John Chow and Everton Blair making thousands and thousands per month. The examples are real, but those fellows are not beginners … and they both do a lot “off blog” as well … affiliate sales and such. That doesn’t make the examples invalid, but they do require a long stretch for a “raw recruit” to dream up to that level.
Well thanks to Pat B. Doyle, a full-time blogger I came across recently, I found a great example of a lesser, but no less noteworthy successful blogging story … a newcomer who earned $400 in his first month, and from a blog alone … in fact, just from AdSense. His name is Chris Wondra and what caught my eye at first were his reasons for liking blogging … many of them are in direct congruence with mine:
- Control: you have total control over content, presentation, and deadlines (as opposed to, say, freelance writing).
- Feedback: A blog (via comments) allows readers and writers to interact like no other media. This can lead to all kinds of possibilities, including forging relationships, collaboration and heck who knows.
- Fans: If you’re a good writer with something interesting to say, you’ll quickly build an audience.
- On-line credentials: Who knows where that can lead, right?
- Money: And (if your lucky, or smart, or both) you even have the chance to make a few bucks.
This post is about that last bullet: blogging for money…. Go read Chris’ $400 first month blogging success article here …
But get a cup of coffee first, it’s a thoroughly “meaty” meal with a lot to digest.