Things have been a little busy the past week and inputs here haven’t been what they should be. Here’s a good “starter” for the week to get things going again. I titled this the Top 10 mistakes.
I have no statistics to prove these are anyone else’s “Top 10”, I just know they are common, and I know that there are a lot of otherwise highly qualified attorneys out there who are a bit at sea on some of these issues. Over the next 10 or so days we’ll cover each one in a little detail. I’m also very open to comments and suggestions on issues to add to this list.
- Proper valuation of pension plans
- Valuation and control of sick leave
- Valuation of annual leave
- Valuation and distribution of TSP assets
- Consideration of FEGLI
- Valuation/continuation of FEHB
- Considerations for combining military time
- Evaluating the Catch 62 rule
- Neglecting VA disability issues
- Sending a QDRO to do a COAP’s job